Insurance is one of the few commodities you pay for in the sincere hope you’ll never need it. When you do, it is after financial and property loss, usually intertwined, and LVI’s claim service is a key reason why policyholders have remained loyal since we started insuring our neighbors in Lebanon County and beyond more than 150 years ago.

LVI teamed with the Tuscarora Wayne (TW) Insurance Company in 2010 for claims service, and their approach to claims and making the underwriters and agents key players in that process have been compatible from the start. Underwriters work closely with independent agents, and that assures you’ll have someone on your side with an intimate knowledge of your coverage needs.

“The underwriter is heavily involved in almost all aspects of the policy, providing a consistent and one-person ‘go-to’ contact at the company for all things Lebanon Valley,” says John Pelka, Assistant Underwriting Manager for LVIC.   

David Schweitzer oversees claims enterprise-wide, relying on a network of in-house and independent adjusters. He enjoys a record of settling claims efficiently and consistently, with very few settlements challenged by policyholders. 

There is a misconception that the objective of claims is to save the company as much money as possible or that the adjuster somehow gets a piece of the action. Not so, says Schweitzer, who points out that an overwhelming majority of the initial claims come from the independent agents. After all, the face of the company belongs to the person who sold you the policy.

The easiest way to file a claim is to find the name and contact information of the independent agent shown on your policy, usually during normal business hours depending on your access to your local agent. Any claim requires a Loss Notice and the agent will take care of that for you. If the agent is unavailable or if LVIC is the contact on your policy, please call us at 570-746-9540. Our normal office hours are weekdays 8AM to 4:30PM.

A claims adjuster will be assigned to assess damage and loss.

If it is an emergency requiring immediate attention outside of normal business hours, you may contact Schweitzer on his cell at 570-881-0325 or any of the following adjusters: John Salerno— 570-881-1127,  Steve Acquino— 570-721-2026,  Nathan Wilson— 814-771-3885, Jeff Gibasiewicz— 412-855-6053, or Isaac Graham— 814-577-3520.



Workers’ Compensation Claims

Workers’ Compensation claims need to be made within 24 hours of injury, and you may report that information at any time through ACS Claim Service, Inc., by calling 800-258-3675. ACS will need the following information when you are making such a claim.

If you are an employee… 

  • Address including county
  • Your telephone number
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Marital status & number of dependents
  • Your Job title
  • Date you were hired


If you are an employer…

  • Address including county
  • Name of contact person
  • Contact’s phone number
  • Type of business/FEIN
  • Name of insurance company
  • Policy number with dates of coverage


Information pertaining to injury ...

  • How the employee was injured
  • Location of injury on body
  • Name and address of treating physician
  • Any witness names and their phone numbers
  • Where the injury occurred (i.e. street or road name)


Dates relevant to injury… 

  • Date and time
  • Date employer was notified
  • Date of disability
  • Date of return to work
  • Last full day employee was paid
  • Date of hire


Upon processing the requested information, ACS will forward copies via mail or fax to the following:

  • Lebanon Valley Insurance Company (LVI)
  • Employee
  • Employer
  • Workers’ Compensation Bureau (if there is lost time)


LVIC Opportunities

Did You Know?

You are not covered by water seepage into your basement with a typical homeowner's policy (HO-3) and, if it is not related to flooding, you will not be covered by flood insurance. This is generally regarded as a maintenance issue that would require specialty coverage.  (Insurance Information Institute)